- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Media Literacy Education 22 page PDF from Temple University, announced 11 Nov 2008
- Recut, Reframe, Recycle Research from the Center for Social Media and American University’s Washington College of Law
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Online Video From the Center for Social Media: A downloadable PDF and video
- Lesson Plans: Teaching about Copyright and Fair Use for Media Literacy Education Lesson plans for teaching about fair use
- 7 Things About Creative Commons Great 2 page summary of Creative Commons for educators.
- Documentary Filmmakers’ Statement of Best Practices in Fair Use Outstanding summary of fair use as it applies to documentary filmmaking
- Copyright 101 for Educators: Winter 2003 Summary article of copyright and fair use law for educators
- Remix Culture: Fair Use is Your Friend Great video explaining examples of fair use
- Get Creative (Intro to Creative Commons) One of the best explanations of Creative Commons, 6 min, from 2002.
- What’s Copyright? Music Video From the Temple University Media Education Lab
- Fair Use Explained via Disney – A Fair(y) Use Tale A 2 minute excerpt of a 10 minute video
- The Cost of Copyright Confusion for Media Literacy 5 min 30 seconds (YouTube)
- Copyright and Fair Use Resources for Educators from Temple University’s Media Education Lab
- Copyright and Fair Use FAQ From chillingeffects.org
- Resources for Fair Use and Teaching From the Center for Social Media (materials co-developed with Temple Univ)
- Teaching Copyright Excellent curriculum for teachers from EFF
- Copyright, Fair Use, Intellectual Property & for Educators Wesley Fryer’s collection of resources relating to copyright, fair use and IP
- Creative Commons CC licenses permit content creators to share re-use/remix permission up front.
- Copyright For Educators A Slidecast on SlideShare from the ITSC 2009 Conference (Feb09, Portland)
- Digital Copyright Slider Determine copyright protection of differently aged works.