Would you like to win a new iPad3 and iRig microphone for yourself or your classroom? Through April 30, 2012, Storychasers is inviting any adult who has created and shared a digital story on Celebrate Oklahoma Voices, Celebrate Kansas Voices, or Celebrate Texas Voices to submit a “backstory” about that video to enter a drawing for an iPad3 and iRig microphone. Everyone who enters must be 18 or older, so if you’re a student under 18 and have created/shared a video on one of our websites, ask your parent or teacher to submit your entry on your behalf.
Our website submission / contribution form includes a space to provide information about your video which you’d like others to read and know about concerning your video. Things you might consider including in your post are:
- “Backstory” information about the video other people wouldn’t know or guess by just watching it.
- Why did you create this video?
- Who has seen this video since it’s been published and what kinds of good things have happened as a result?
- Who should see this video?
- What are some of the things you think other people will or should learn as a result of seeing this video?
To be valid and accepted for our drawing, entries must:
- Be submitted and received online. NLT (no later than) midnight CST on April 30, 2012.
- Be submitted by an adult 18 years or older.
- Include at least THREE COMPLETE SENTENCES providing more information / backstories about the submitted video.
- Be complete, with all required fields in the submission form filled appropriately.
Individuals MAY submit more than one video to enter this drawing, but may only submit one entry per video. For example, if you have submitted three different videos to one of our online learning communities, you can submit an entry for each video so you’ve entered three times. You may NOT submit more than one entry for the same video.
If you’d like to see an example submission, see the post, “72 Years of Free Barbecue: The XIT Rodeo and Reunion.”
The iPad3 and iRig microphone drawing will be held in early May 2012, and the winner will be announced here on our website.
If you have questions or comments, please share them here on this post. Please spread the word and tell others about this opportunity! We will be sharing submitted entries / posts on storychasers.org (this website) in upcoming weeks and months as a way to further amplify many of the GREAT stories shared on COV, CKV and CTV! If you’re interested in hosting a Storychasers workshop at your school or in your area, please see our frequently asked questions (FAQs) for more information.